The Shaw Commercials Group in Castlebar currently have a vacancy for an Accounting Technician.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the successful candidate will play an important role in the accounts department with specific responsibilities and duties. This is a busy work environment working to weekly and monthly deadlines.
The Shaw Commercials Group is in operation for over 25 years and is the main Renault Truck Dealer for the West / North West region. The service offering includes vehicle sales, testing, maintenance and fleet management.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Accounts payable and accounts receivable for the group.
· Cash handling and lodgement preparation.
· Sales administration.
· Assist in cash flow management and control.
· Assist in month end procedures including statement preparation and issue.
· Preparation of bi-monthly VAT / VIES returns.
· Complete monthly bank reconciliations on Sage for all bank accounts.
· Assist in posting monthly journals to Sage accounts. Process credit card statements / receipts.
· General accounts administration.
· Ad hoc duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills
· The successful candidate will be a qualified accounting technician. Experience of working with Sage accounts is essential.
· Experience of working with Microsoft Excel and Word.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Good organisation skills. Must be a highly organised person.
· Ability to work as part of a team.
· Flexibility in working hours.
· Ability to work to strict deadlines.
· Good communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: €35,000.00-€42,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Bachelor’s (preferred)
- Qualified Accounting: 3 years (preferred)
- Full Clean Driving Licence (preferred);
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, please submit your CV.