The Shaw Commercials Group in Castlebar currently have a vacancy for an Apprentice Mechanic (HGV).
Reporting to the workshop manager and foreman, the successful candidate will receive on the job training in a busy workshop, will have a team-oriented attitude and pride in a job well done. The candidate will be enthusiastic and will have a willingness to learn.
This is a busy work environment, working to daily and weekly deadlines and incorporating an ethos of quality assurance for our clients.
The Shaw Commercials Group is in operation for over 25 years and is the main Renault Truck Dealer for the West / North West region. The service offering includes vehicle sales, testing, maintenance and fleet management.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Perform routine maintenance
· Training on electrical and engine troubleshooting and diagnostics
· Engine and transmission repairs
· Training to perform incidental welding operations and other mechanical repair work as required
· Perform inspections and test mechanical units
· Training to diagnose faults and malfunctions * Adjust, repair and/or replace parts and components of transport systems
· Ability to use power and hand tools related to motor vehicle service and repair
· Enter a formal training contract with Shaw Commercials, ETB and Renault Trucks.
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Salary: From €10,822.76 per year
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Junior Certificate (preferred)
- Full Clean Driving Licence (preferred)
- Ireland (preferred)
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, please submit your CV.