Full Job Description
The Shaw Commercials Group is the main Renault Truck Dealer and Schmitz Cargobull Service Partner in the West of Ireland. Supplier of Renault Trucks and a range of Renault Vans, the award winning Group is established for over 25 years and based in Castlebar at the Breaffy Business Park. The business includes a CVRT Testing Centre, Workshop for repairs and warranty and Renault Trucks sales, as well as Contract Hire of Schmitz Cargobull trailers.
The company has a vacancy for the position of Financial Controller. The role includes;
- As part of the leadership team the successful candidate will participate in management meetings and give effective input to the overall running of the business
- Full responsibility and oversight for the groups finance function to include reporting and debtor/creditor management
- Ensure adequate insurance coverage for the full group
- Ensure that the payment of salary and wages to staff is carried out timely and accurately.
- Participate in negotiations and reviews of all key contracts before finalisation
- Full responsibility for process improvement and change management in the areas under their charge.
- Drive internal control standards, procedures, practices consistent with business needs as required by the business and by other interested parties (management; government; internal & external auditors).
- Support the decision-making process by providing meaningful ad hoc analysis and by providing financial perspective on all commercial decisions
- Ensure all taxes are filed and paid on time to the Revenue Commissioners
- Full responsibility for the delivery of effective and robust financial reports to the management team in a timely manner, including management accounts. Ensure monthly balance sheet reconciliations are completed.
- Participation in meetings with third parties including financial institutions and dealer principal
- Annual Budget setting & monitoring
- Setting and monitoring of agreed KPIs and holding people to account for same
- Staff management
- Ad Hoc duties as assigned
- · Qualified accountant and a full member of a recognised accountancy body.
- · At least 5 years post qualification experience
- · Experience as an accountant in the motor industry or equivalent is an advantage.
- · Strong reporting experience
- · Previous experience at management level
- · Previous staff management experience
- · Experience of budget and cashflow preparation & monitoring
- Proficient in the operation of VAT and a strong knowledge of VAT legislation and it’s application in practice.
- · Previous management experience of accounts payable and receivable
- · Experience of working to strict deadlines
- · Excellent excel experience
- · Previous experience of using Sage accounting package would be an advantage
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bike to work scheme
- Company events
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Sick pay