Apprentice Parts Advisor
The Shaw Commercials Group in Castlebar currently have a vacancy for an Apprentice Parts Advisor.
Reporting to the Parts Manager and Workshop Foreman, the successful candidate will have a basic understanding of HGV’s and LCV’s and will have a team-oriented attitude with an ability to learn new skills. Learning includes use of the Renault Trucks portal for additional on-line information programmes to build strong knowledge base in Renault Trucks parts.
This is a busy work environment, working to daily and weekly deadlines and incorporating an ethos of quality assurance for our clients.
The Shaw Commercials Group is in operation for over 20 years and is the main Renault Truck Dealer and Schmitz Cargobull Service Dealer for the West / North West region. The service offering includes vehicle and trailer sales, testing, maintenance and fleet management.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Processing of parts, invoices, deliveries, orders and returns.
- Dealing with aftersales customers both on the phone and in person.
- Dealing with mechanics on the floor and ensuring parts are ready for each job throughout the day.
- Daily collection and delivery of parts.
- Providing parts estimates hourly.
- Assisting the service advisor / CVRT advisor during busy periods.
- Answering phone calls at all levels of the company during busy periods.
- Undertaking any administrative duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Has previous similar experience working in a fast-paced parts environment.
- Can work as part of a team or on their own initiative.
- Has basic computer skills, training will be provided.
- Can assess and deal with queries in a prompt fashion.
- Has the ability to learn new skills.
- Understands the basic workings of HGV’s and LCV’s.
- Is punctual and presentable at all times.
- Is flexible with their work hours when required.
Benefits of the role
Join an award-winning team with Renault Trucks at Shaw Commercials with state of the art facilities and continued training and development.