Full Job Description
The Shaw Commercials Group in Castlebar currently have a vacancy for an experienced Parts Advisor.
Reporting to the Parts Manager, the successful candidate will have a good understanding of HGV’s, trailers and will have a team-oriented attitude with an ability to learn new skills.
This is a busy work environment, working to daily and weekly deadlines and incorporating an ethos of quality assurance for our clients.
The Shaw Commercials Group is in operation for over 25 years and is the main Renault Truck Dealer and Schmitz Cargobull Service Partner for the West / North West region. The service offering includes vehicle sales, testing, maintenance and fleet management.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Processing of parts, invoices, deliveries, orders and returns.
- Attending to aftersales customers both on the phone and in person.
- Working in conjunction with workshop mechanics and ensuring parts are ready for each job throughout the day.
- Managing the daily collection and delivery of parts.
- Providing parts estimates hourly.
- Working with marketing department in the promotion of parts and trailers for sale.
- Working with the marketing department for the promotion of on-line sales and returns.
Qualifications and Skills
- Has previous similar experience working in a fast-paced parts environment.
- Can work as part of a team or on their own initiative.
- Has basic computer skills, training will be provided.
- Can assess and deal with queries in a prompt fashion.
- Has the ability to learn new skills.
- Understands the basic workings of HGV’s and Trailers with a fundamental understanding of commercial vehicles.
- Is punctual and presentable at all times.
- Is flexible with their work hours when required.