Shaw Commercials, now in business over 25 years, is looking to fill a newly created role which involves learning all about the world of truck parts. This will cover training to become a knowledgeable parts advisor, working with customers and liaising with the wider team within our company. There are also great opportunities to progress for the right candidate.
The Shaw Commercials Group in Castlebar currently have a vacancy for a CVRT Tester (HGV & LGV).
Reporting to the Manager, the successful candidate will have at least 3 years experience of CVRT testing on HCV’s and LCV’s with a good knowledge of electric systems, a team-oriented attitude and good attention to detail. Tachograph and Plating approvals is an advantage.
This is a busy work environment, working to daily and weekly deadlines and incorporating an ethos of quality assurance for our clients. Flexible working hours will apply.
The Shaw Commercials Group is in operation for over 25 years and is the main Renault Truck Dealer for the West / North West region. The service offering includes vehicle sales, testing, maintenance and fleet management.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform HGV and LGV CVRT testing.
- Achieving targets set by the CVRT Manager.
- Working to flexible hours in a client focused business, including night testing.
- Strict adherence to CVRT test criteria.
- Strong communication skills and capacity to work to deadlines.
- Preparation of reports as required.
- Adherence to clocking and time systems in Shaw Commercials.
Qualifications and Skills
- Qualified CVRT HGV and LGV Tester.
- High degree of product and technical knowledge.
- Good IT skills and capacity to work with changing information systems.
- Must be organized & self-motivated with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated team player with a strong sense of commitment to the team
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions via written, verbal, or diagram form
- Professional demeanour and superior team service skills
- Demonstrate good work practices including time keeping, tidiness, responsibility, quality awareness and safety awareness.
- Show a positive attitude.
- Recognise the need for good customer relations.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €36,000.00-€42,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Advanced/Higher Certificate (preferred)
- CVRT Tester: 2 years (preferred)
- Full Clean Driving Licence (preferred)
- Day shift (preferred)
- Night shift (preferred)
Expected start date: 30/05/2022