The Shaw Commercials Group in Castlebar currently have a vacancy for an LCV Mechanic.
Reporting to the Workshop Foreman, the successful candidate will have excellent service, repair and maintenance skills on LCV’s with a good knowledge of electric systems, a team-oriented attitude and pride in a job well done.
This is a busy work environment, working to daily and weekly deadlines and incorporating an ethos of quality assurance for our clients.
The Shaw Commercials Group is in operation for over 25 years and is the main Renault Truck Dealer for the West / North West region. The service offering includes vehicle sales, testing, maintenance and fleet management.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Perform routine maintenance.
· Electrical and engine troubleshooting and diagnostics.
· Engine and transmission repairs.
· Perform incidental welding operations and other mechanical repair work as required
· Perform inspections and test mechanical units.
· Diagnose faults and malfunctions * Adjust, repair and/or replace parts and components of transport systems.
· Provide training and advice to apprentices and co-workers as required.
· Ability to use power and hand tools related to motor vehicle service and repair
Qualifications and Skills
· Qualified LCV Mechanic with at least 3 years post qualification experience.
· High degree of product and technical knowledge
· Strong diagnostics capabilities with good computer skills
· Must be organized & self-motivated with strong written and verbal communication skills
· Motivated team player with a strong sense of commitment to the team
· Ability to understand and carry out instructions via written, verbal, or diagram form
· Professional demeanour and superior team service skills
· Demonstrate good work practices including time keeping, tidiness, responsibility, quality awareness and safety awareness.
· Show a positive attitude.
· Recognise the need for good customer relations.
· Work independently and as part of a team.
The package will include contribution to a pension scheme (optional), death in service benefit scheme, full uniform, training & learning and progression. Terms and conditions apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €38,000.00-€50,000.00 per year
- Overtime pay
- Company events
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Relocation assistance
- Sick pay
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Breaffy Road, Castlebar, CO. Mayo: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Advanced/Higher Certificate (preferred)
- Qualified LCV mechanic: 1 year (preferred)
- Full Clean Driving Licence (preferred)
- Ireland (required)